Saturday, January 15, 2011

I knew that United States was in deep trouble and might collapse when...

I knew that United States was in deep trouble and might collapse when I saw The Front Line (PBS) Documentary “Is Walmart good for America”
**
In this video it showed the de-industrilzation of the American Midwest, the last Rubbermaid factory being disassembled in the US and being sent to China.
**
It showed the things the US sent to China from the port of Long Beach to China things like scrap metal , scrap paper and animal hides and it showed an area of Southern China with mountains of containers(conex) ready to be shipped to the US and I knew the US was done, Decadent life style of consumerism based on credit and two major wars going on the US system did not look sustainable.
**
This was in around 2005 before the bailouts.
**
I thought though the collapse would come in about 20-30 years not as fast as it did.
**
Got to wonder way the US government would allow the trade policies it did, stupidity, greed. I suppose. The political system was unable to defend itself from the moneyed interests that benefited from the de- industrialization of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment